Congratulations! So you are thinking about getting married at St Lawrence Church. For your wedding day you have chosen the right place. To choose Christian marriage as your way in life is quite special and we will do all we can to help you prepare for, understand and enjoy this important step in life.
You can marry in St Lawrence Church if one of you currently lives in the parish, or if you can show that one of you:
• has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
• was baptised in the parish concerned or
• was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
• has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
• has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
• has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents or grandparents:
• was married in the parish
(This right is not automatic if one of you is divorced, but the Vicar will be happy to talk to you about this as remarriage of divorced people is often possible.)
To make a start on this journey contact Helen Campbell who will take your details and send out our wedding application form for you to complete which also includes our latest fees guide – and there are a number of options for all budgets. Once this form is completed and returned, the date you have requested will be confirmed and we will send you a wedding pack. An important part of marriage is what happens after the wedding in Church so you will be invited to attend a Marriage Preparation Day before your big day.
This guide will give you some practical advice:
Nearer the time we are also able to help you with your order of service, hymn choices etc. You may like to browse the Church of England’s very good wedding website: www.yourchurchwedding.org
So, to make the next step call Helen on 07756562722 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org